Friday, October 4, 2013

The Gifts of God Prayer


I pray that we will not live in fear.

When you look at me what do you see? The other?
Do you see my hair, my skin color, my gender, my age, my weight, my freckles, my place of origin?
Have you ever looked at me and seen God, God expressing as a curly haired, middle aged, white girl with Italian heritage and freckles from Jersey?
What if what I am is just God embodying a vessel we call Lynda?
How would you see me then if you knew that?
How would I see you if I knew God was expressing as you?
Then imagine if we were all aware of the source of our expression and so we knew we were looking through the eyes of God?
Then the Divine in me would be looking at the Divine in you.
Namaste.
What if we all lived from that place? That is my prayer for us all, for the Universe.

May we all see with the eyes of God gifted to us.
May we all breathe the breath of God gifted to us.
May we all love with the heart of God gifted to us.
May we all speak with the voice of God gifted to us.
May we all listen with the hearing of God gifted to us.
May we all choose with the wisdom of God gifted to us.
May we all walk the path of God gifted to us.
May we all touch with the tenderness of God gifted to us.
May we all weep with the empathy of God gifted to us.
May we all interact with the compassion of God gifted to us.
May we all celebrate with the joy of God gifted to us.
May we all sing with the harmony of God gifted to us.
May we all pray with the peace of God gifted to us.
May we all live with the Grace of God gifted to us.
May we all shine with the light of God gifted to us.
May we all Be the gift of God to each other.

Amen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen!!!