Thursday, February 2, 2012

Offerings of the Heart ~ My Motto

Let me be my yes, my heart an ember of love ever glowing. I had decided that this was my new motto, but I’ve changed my mind – slightly. My new motto is, I am my yes, my heart an ember of love ever glowing.  I prefer “I am” statements, even if I’m not there yet.

Having the weird quirks that I do, I looked up the word motto. It comes from Latin, muttum for sound or utterance. I like that, it makes sense to me. I believe our words have an energy of their own. If I speak it, I have begun to create it, to create the life I want to live. I am my yes, my heart an ember of love ever glowing.

There have been lots of times when I was my yes only begrudgingly. I have had a practice of being willing for a long time now – or at least saying yes, even if I wasn’t entirely willing. For me that is the biggest step, my own willingness. My willingness to learn, to release, to trust, to forgive, to grow, to love, to live in and as Spirit. It was the first and biggest leap, Yes! Many times I yelled it at the sky, or more often at my car radio when songs would come on to remind me. I still occasionally roll my eyes, but usually now I say it joyfully and quietly. Yes. A tiny ripple of sound, a tiny ripple of energy. Yes, Spirit, I am willing. I will leap, and fly, knowing there will be wind.

I am my yes, my heart an ember of love ever glowing.

No comments: